LLTI Archives

November 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:25:39 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Chris Roppola <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 17:50:53 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Chris Roppola <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5342 French CD - Dans Le Quartier...

------------------

Scott (and everyone!),

We got the BETA testing version of the CD a few years ago.  A number of our
French professors have been using it for a few years.  It offers a "virtual
tour" through one of the quarters in Paris.  On this tour your get to see
historical places and landmarks, visit restaurants and chat with locals.
It's a fairly decent program which can be tailored for different levels of
students  (i.e. a transcription can be turned on to accompany the video or
audio to help students with difficult words and the quick speech patterns).
 I would not recommend it for a beginning level class.  It has been used
here for second and third semesters.  If you'd like more info, I'll try to
get some feedback from some of our profoessors.  Let me know.

Chris Roppola
Coordinator, Brandeis University Language Media Center
Waltham, MA 02454