LLTI Archives

November 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:57:01 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Pablo Viedma <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:45:47 -0600
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Pablo Viedma <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5340 GoLive vs. Dreamweaver

Hello,

Here at my institution we own and use both:

Adobe GoLive 4.0: it's less intituitive than MD, but it handles much better
bigger projects (like a whole college website, with gigabytes of info and
thousands of pages). It has more functions than MD 2.0, and it's also around
$50 more expensive.

Macromedia Dreamweaver 2.0: easier to learn than AG, but it did a poor job
with
the whole college website, reason why we chose to use AG. The included FTP
feature is really easy to setup and work with. It also works better with other
Macromedia products, for those of you who use Director or Flash. MG 3.0 was
just released and they did a good job, so that could be your option.

Hope this helps,
Pablo

Dear friends,
If you had to choose a visual HTML editing tool available on both
platforms, would you choose Adobe GoLive, Macromedia Dreamweaver or
maybe some other program? and if so, why?

<http://www.adobe.com/products/golive/main.html>http://www.adobe.com/produc
ts/golive/main.html
<http://www.macromedia.com/software/dreamweaver>http://www.macromedia.com/s
oftware/dreamweaver/

This tool would be used for faculty development and it should be =
powerfulenough to handle advanced web projects.

Pablo Viedma
Director, Culpeper Multimedia Language Learning Center
Gustavus Adolphus College
800 W. College Ave.
St. Peter, MN, 56082
(507)933-7441