LLTI Archives

November 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:34:41 EST
--- Forwarded Message from John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:21:51 -0500
>From: John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]>
>To: TESLCA-L Editor <[log in to unmask]>,        LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Comments to online computer quiz

------------------
Thanks to all those who commented on my online "MacAbilities Quiz and
Tutorial."  It's very satisfying to hear that  people find the work
helpful and plan to use it in their programs.  Many of you observed the
generalization of question #2 in quiz #1, "All Macs read PC formatted
disks...", exposing my snubbing of older Mac OSes. You can't get away
with much on this list.  Just as well.  In general, I was trying to keep
the geek factor as low as possible in the quiz to make it appeal to the
widest audience. Nonetheless, I stand corrected. The "corrected text"
refers to the PC Exchange Control Panel as the determinant of whether
your Mac reads PC disks.

I welcome any other notes as well so I can continue to improve the quiz.
Thanks.

    http://www.bu.edu/celop/C_quiz/

Cheers,

-John
John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]>
Multimedia Language Lab
Center for English Language and Orientation Programs
Boston University
ph (617) 353-7957 fx (617) 353-6195
Lab:  http://www.bu.edu/celop/MLL
CTG:  http://www.bu.edu/celop/CTG