LLTI Archives

November 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:34:37 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Carol H. Reitan" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:10:26 -0800 (PST)
>From: "Carol H. Reitan" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Apple Language Kits

Hello All,

Now that the Language Kits are available in MacOS9 and nowhere else, what
does one do to purchase more language kits when one  will not be
running OS9 anytime soon?  Our Library Automation Department, on whom we
depend for technical support, insist that we continue using 7.5 or 7.61.
I asked Apple about availability of the Language Kits and was told that we
could purchase MacOS9 for about $50, and do a custom install, installing
only the language kits we need.  The person with whom I spoke could not
assure me that the language kits which come with OS9 would work with
OS7.61.  He said he'd get back to me, but I haven't heard anything yet. Do
any of you know the answer to this one?  OR since the product has been
discontinued, are we justified in installing old language kits multiple
times?

Thank you in advance for all your help!

Carol
Carol H. Reitan
Language Lab, R205
Instructor of French
50 Phelan Ave, SF CA 94044
City College of San Francisco
ph:415-452-5555/email:[log in to unmask]
http://fog.ccsf.cc.ca.us/~creitan
http://www.ccsf.cc.ca.us/Departments/Language_Lab