LLTI Archives

November 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:12:18 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 14:26:55 -0600 (CST)
>From: Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5296 Technology and Enhanced Student Learning

------------------
I cannot remember where our "no discernable difference" site was or is,
but a while ago I believe someonw put together a bunch of study results
online of research investigating the effectiveness of REAL classes (with
just an instructor) as opposed to a variety of technology enhanced,
mediated, etc. classes, and where the outcomes measurements indicated "no
discernable difference".  Even though this is not compelling, it does tend
to silence some of the arguments in favor of those REAL teachers who do it
all with the power of their carismatic voices.

Wish I had the URL.

TBob

Bob Peckham
Director, The Globe-Gate Project