LLTI Archives

November 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:59:40 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:  Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:16:58 -1000
>From: Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum   <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5315 Can8 vs CKJ

------------------
Dear Yannick,

We have Twinbridge Chinese and Japanese installed on all our computers in
our PC Lab and Twinbridge Korean on selected computers.  However, they are
installed on the individual computers not on an NT server.  Our Chinese
faculty like Twinbridge Chinese, but our Japanese faculty prefer the
Japanese language kit on the Mac.  Twinbridge Japanese is a little
problematic and more difficult to use.  I can't comment on the Korean.

When I was at FLEAT III in Victoria, BC, two years ago I spent some time
at the CAN 8 display there.  They did have a demo of Chinese lessons
running on the computers.  I don't know what software they were using to
create the Chinese lessons.  I just assumed it came with the system.  I
should have asked more questions.  I know you are looking for software for
all three languages, but I was under the impression that CAN 8 already
came with Chinese software.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Daniel Tom
Language Telecommunications, Resource & Learning Center
University of Hawaii
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
FAX:     808-956-5134
Voice:   808-956-5118