LLTI Archives

November 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 10:17:42 EST
--- Forwarded Message from John Siebel <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
LLTI-Editor wrote:

> --- Forwarded Message from Cindy Evans <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
> >Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:25:24 -0500
> >To: [log in to unmask]
> >From: Cindy Evans <[log in to unmask]>
> >Subject: scart adapter?
>
> I have a colleague on sabbatical in Germany who is having trouble finding a
> VCR with RCA plugs. She is digitizing video and needs to connect to her
> computer. It seems that the VCRs there have scart connectors.  I've had a
> hard time finding anyone who knows what a scart is, let alone a scart-rca
> adapter.  Does anyone know if there is such a thing and where I might find
> one?  I have searched the web for info and have only found sites describing
> equipment that has scart connections.  I would appreciate any help on this.

> Cindy Evans, Director
> Foreign Language Resource Center        [log in to unmask]
> and Lecturer in French                  phone:  518-580-5205
> Skidmore College                        fax:    518-580-5230
Cindy,
You might check with the manufacturer of the VCR and find out if they
have an European outlet.  Another alternative is to check with Radio
Shack (once you know the manufacturer/model of the VCR).  Good luck.
John Siebel