LLTI Archives

November 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 10:17:38 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 15:43:46 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5296.19 Tech. and Enhanced Student Learning (!)

------------------
For someone completely on the opposite side of Technolopy you could
look at Roger Shank of the Inst. For Learning Science on the Northwestern
Univ. (IL) campus.  His Engines for Education is a paean to computer
tech. for learning.  The work is also mainly on-line and on CD ROM
(pre Power-Mac Mac only, I think) as well as printed.

URL is http://www.ils.nwu.edu/~e_for_e/  Leaving off the part at the last
slash will let you see what this organization is all about and some
of their projects.

The Engines work has very quotable sections which administrators love like
"The Top Ten Mistakes Education Makes"...  CAI can solve many of these
mistakes, according to this work....

BEST to all, Mike