LLTI Archives

November 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 13:40:13 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Loren Lewis <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 06:54:46 -0800 (PST)
>From: Loren Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5308 Email Prevention and Cure?
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Through certain kinds of software, you can "lock out"
access to certain programs and make them available to
students through passwords.  In order to use the
internet and word processors, we require authorization
from the professors, stating that an assignment has
been given that will require use of these programs.
As these students sign in to use the lab, the student
assistants give them access.  This process works well
for us and has kept abuse to a minimum.  I too used to
get upset when I would walk around the lab and see
students viewing soap operas instead of working on
their lab assignments.

Loren Lewis
Director, Foreign Language Lab,
Morgan State University