LLTI Archives

November 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 10:42:05 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Kevin C. Carroll" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:27:39 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "Kevin C. Carroll" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5298 CAN 8

------------------
I would like to thank everyone who took the time to answer my query in
regards to upgrading our language lab. I am following up on the suggestions
regarding the CAN-8 system.

However, the discourse has left me with two questions:

1) Since the CAN-8 system is a software and hardware solution, have any
users experienced problems with integrating the cards into your PCs? I
expect a digital system to hang or crash occasionally, but do you find
crashes to be excessive?

2) I'm still wondering if anyone is using a software only digital lab. I
realize this might not be feasible, but I would like to stay away from
using third-party cards in my PC's if possible.

Once again, thanks for all the great suggestions!

Kevin C. Carroll
Senior Systems Technologist

Wayne State University
Foreign Language Technology Center