LLTI Archives

October 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:31:46 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Peter Edberg <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
At 5:44 AM -0700 10/20/99, Otmar Foelsche wrote:
>I have just received the official release of Apple's System 9.
>The news for Language Resource Centers is good: System 9 contains
>the complete suite of Language Kits including input systems. It
>even contains  some of the CE (Central European) Languages -
>unfortunately limited - as of this moment - to fonts like Genev
>and Chicago.

Actually, it is NOT limited to those fonts. In the "CD Extras" folder on the CD, there is a folder called "Language Kits CD Extras"; this contains disk images with various extras for each script, typically including more fonts, more keyboard layouts, localized versions of SimpleText, and sometimes various utilities (like a Chinese simplified <-> traditional text converter). The Central European extras include 5 more fonts (Times CE, Helvetica CE, Palatino CE, etc.).

-Peter

Peter Edberg  .  .  .  .  Apple Computer, Inc.
Mac OS Engineering: International & Text Group
Tel: +1 (408) 974-4275, Fax: +1 (408) 862-4566