LLTI Archives

October 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 08:31:29 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Jorth, Cindy" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Jorth, Cindy" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #55251 Fee Structure for Use of Facilities
>Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 08:07:00 -0700

------------------
Hello,

I also have a similar question.  Our Multimedia Language Center is currently
operating without a budget, and doesn't charge any type of "lab fee" for its
use.  While the administration was willing to pay for its installation, they
did not consider the need for any type of operating budget. As such, they
want to institute a lab fee for all students registering for language
courses (1-4).  Is anyone currently charging a lab fee?  How much are you
charging?  Have there been any negative results (i.e. decreased student
enrollment) as a result of such a fee.

Thank you!

Cindy Jorth
Director - Multimedia Language Center