LLTI Archives

October 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:43:18 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>Subject: Re: #5254 memory upgrade
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:09:55 -0400

------------------

Rosina:

Faculty who have minimal internet needs, and use their machines for email
and word processing have been very satisfied with having their 66 to 120mhz
Macs  upgraded to 36+mb of Ram.

We purchase new, (fast as we can afford) machines for those who have high
web needs, teach classes on web, create/download/use graphics, etc. for
multimedia courseware development, etc.

Ultimately, we  upgrade all our faculty machines, often with re-cycling our
"faster than most faculty" machines when we replace them,  but the above
sets our priorities.

Our lab must have newer machines and we are currently replacing our range
of museum Macs (IIsi's-7200s) with iMacs, G3's and G4's to support our
classes doing multimedia and web classes.  We hope to upgrade every 3+
years when and if use and/or software require it.

LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU> on 10/18/99
08:31:33 AM

Please respond to Language Learning and Technology International
      Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum