LLTI Archives

October 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:43:11 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Wendy Baker Davis <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
>I would appreciate very much some suggestions on memory upgrades. We have a
>very old lab, that has four and five year old computers, Macintoshes. Some
>of our faculty suggested to upgrade these Macintoshes with memory instead
>of buying new computers. Personally I think it is not a good idea. Hence
>before we do it, I would like very much to have a feet back on that issue
>from you. Your opinion and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank
>you.

We did something similar at the 5 yr point with memory and limped by
another year but basically the computers were all but unuseable for
internet use and with 80 megs hard drives, we had to take software off to
put on new software.  Now we have a new lab of iMacs and are once again
able to provide full service to the users (as well as less headaches for
ourselves).
Wendy Baker Davis