LLTI Archives

October 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 08:26:22 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Mary Fetherston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 11:42:19 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Mary Fetherston <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Video server & Virtual Lab

------------------
Greetings to all,

URI has recently purchased a server for audio and video projects.  It is a
500 Megahertz DEC alpha server model 800 with 250 Megabytes of physical RAM
and a 100 Megahertz network connection. Does anyone have a recommendation
for video server software that would work well on the machine they bought?

We are thinking about taking the language lab virtual in the next two years
(before our building is taken out of service for major rennovations).  Some
members of the virtual lab committee would like to see how other
universities handle their audio web sites.  Would anyone be willing to let
us view their sites?

Any lessons learned you can offer?

Thanks in advance, Mary

Mary Fetherston                         401-874-4719/4720, fax 4694
Interim Supervisor, URI Language Learning Resource Center,
60 Upper College Road, Suite 3
Kingston, RI 02881
email: [log in to unmask] (but the old ones will still work!)

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."  Thoreau