LLTI Archives

October 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 08:26:18 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Jerry McCune <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 15:32:52 -0500 (EST)
>From: Jerry McCune <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Placement testing on-line

------------------
One of our more innovative language faculty members is very interested in
using on-line language placement testing which requires keyboard input and
audio for listening comprehension.  Secure login is required of course.  I
have had no experience with any application which would do this and
neither our rather substantial Information Technology Services (computer
services) nor our Educational Testing Services will even try it.  I just
read Samantha Earp's message about her experience with this at UNC
Charlotte and I am not optimistic.

If any of you has had experience with this type of system, I would very
much like to hear from you.  I hate to discourage anyone wanting to make
the best use of the technology we have available.

Thanks.

Jerry McCune

   Jerry McCune, Director                   Phone: 812-855-0004
   Language & Computer Laboratories         E-mail: [log in to unmask]
   120 Ballantine Hall                      Fax:812-855-5656
   Indiana University                       WWW:
   Bloomington, IN  47405                   http://languagelab.bh.indiana.edu