LLTI Archives

October 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 08:25:42 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 13:34:06 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5244 Dictionaries on the web?

------------------
The most extensive French-language dictionary site anywhere in the world,
anytime in the history of the net is (and I say this with no modestry
whatsoever)

Leximagne - l'Empereur des pages dico @ Globe-Gate
http://globegate.utm.edu/french/globegate_mirror/dico.html

This exhaustive collection of nearly 650 electronic French dictionaries,
glossaries and wordlists gives access to hundreds of thousands of words,
terms and expressions.  The most commonly used and very handy search-form
dictionary which we list is

ARTFL Project: French-English Dictionary Form
http://humanities.uchicago.edu/forms_unrest/FR-ENG.html

which survived a vicious hacker attack a number of weeks ago.

TBob

Bob Peckham
Director, The Globe-Gate Project
Dept. of Modern Foreign Languages