LLTI Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:09:52 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Karl Fisher <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 08:39:35 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Karl Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5188 .rmi files?
>Cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

------------------
Hi, all!

The Real file types are .rpm, .ram, .rm, .ra

.rpm and .ram are metafiles (brief text files) that tell the RealServer
where the media file is stored and whether to use a pop-up player or an
imbedded player.

.rm and .ra are the media files.

You can use RealProducer to encode .rm files, but this is used more for
sound on the web rather than for PowerPoint presentations. (See for example
http://www.npr.org)

According to the following website, .rmi is a sound file type similar to
MIDI.

http://homes.aol.com/donnaskani/filetypes.html

So the .rmi would be used to add MIDI style music to a PowerPoint
presentation.

I don't believe it is a Real Networks product.

Cordially,
Karl

>Hello all.
>
>My version of Powerpoint 97 allows for the insertion of .rmi files. Can
>anyone tell me what they are, and what you need to create them? Are they a
>real.com product?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>

>Michael Coghlan
>

>email: [log in to unmask] (home)