LLTI Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:30:34 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Michael Cross <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 14:46:35 +0400
>From: Michael Cross <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: TEND 2000 Conference: A Call for Proposals.

          Thank you for taking the time to look at this e-mail.

 TEND 2000 stands for Technological Education and National Development

          Conference Title: "Crossroads of the New Millenium".

This event, which is the second international conference organised by
the Higher Colleges of
Technology, will take place in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates from 8th
to 10th April, 2000.
The conference will address the topic $E3Crossroads of the New Millennium$E4
and, under that broad heading, will deal with the themes: Learning at
the Crossroads, Culture at the Crossroads and Quality at the Crossroads.

We have been fortunate to secure Dr. Geraldine Kenny-Wallace, CEO and
Vice-Chancellor of the
British Aerospace Virtual University, as our keynote speaker and are now
accepting proposals for
presentations from people from around the world.  Speakers and
presenters will be announced as
they are confirmed.  Our aim is to have a limited number of plenary
sessions, concentrating instead
on seminars and workshops.  Each day will commence with a $E3theme$E4
speaker, addressing one of
the broad themes outlined in our brochure, viz. Learning at the
Crossroads, Culture at
the Crossroads and Quality at the Crossroads.  The rest of the day will
be divided into different
seminars and workshops as well as visits to some of our Colleges.
Details of the conference are
contained in the TEND 2000 home page which is accessible through the
home page of The Higher Colleges of Technology. It will be up-dated
regularly in the light of developments.
Should you have any questions about the conference, please do not
hesitate to contact me or the Secretariat: [log in to unmask] I look
forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Mrs Houry Pappin
Operations Manager