LLTI Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 08:55:27 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Bernd Conrad <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:50:16 -0700
>From: Bernd Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5208 Mac G3 serial port and Philippe
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

I had the same problem, needing to connect a Pioneer LD Player to
serial port-less new G3 B&W. I had to buy the USB-to-Serial Port
adapter from KEYSPAN ($79 at the campus bookstore here; this is the
newer, faster, more compatible version of this adapter - says so on
the package). Initially, I did not get it to work. But when set the
KEYSPAN software to Printer Port AND the Pioneer Videodisc Settings
stack to Printer Port, it did work.

Bernd Conrad
Northern Arizona University