LLTI Archives

September 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:32:24 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:55:50 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re:  #5183 labeling software/system

Having exhausted many approaches to the labeling problems, our lab
worked out a custom label sheet, laser-printable, with a local
company specializing in business forms.

What we came up with is an 8.5" x 11" sheet with 7" x 0.5" labels
-- 20 per page. This size is suitable for labeling videotapes.
Although it isn't pretty, the labels have square corners and
can be cut down the middle to make 40 per sheet audio labels
(3.5" x 0.5") which fit nicely onto audiocassettes and their
cases.

We use them to print directly from our catalog database
(4th Dimension, Mac platform), but they work for printing
from any program which has a flexible label format.

The labels are permanent adhesive, archival quality, and come in
white, light green, light blue, buff, yellow, khaki and pink, for
fans of color-coding.

You can get information and pricing from Gary Kurtz at:

Moore Document Solutions
111 Locke Drive
Marlborough MA  01752
tel (508) 624-7505
email [log in to unmask]

We dubbed these utilitarian label "LANGUAGE LAB LABELS."

There are certain minimums per order and the price is
very competitive. Please tell him I referred you. Boston
University already paid for the die-cut template and I
suggested that other language labs might be interested
so I appreciate the mention, if you call him.

best
bruce

Bruce Parkhurst, Director
Geddes Language Center