LLTI Archives

September 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:09:17 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Dennie Hoopingarner <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 12:53:43 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Dennie Hoopingarner <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: "Concentration" game

I have a working version of my web-based "concentration" game, and am ready
to do an alpha test.  I would like input from users as to how I can improve
the game, and of course any bug reports.  The program uses Javascript to
evaluate the user's input, and so it should work on version 2 browsers and
up (I have tested it on version 4).

You can access a sample game from this URL:
http://clear.msu.edu/dennie/concentration/concentration.html

The part that should be the most useful is the part that takes your input
and scrambles it into a new game.  You type your input into the web form at
this URL:  http://clear.msu.edu/dennie/concentration/ click the "Generate"
button, and the program creates a webpage for you with the items scrambed
and hidden.  No scripting is necessary on your part.  You can then save the
page to your own website, spruce it up with your web editor, and you're
ready to publish it on your own website.

The program SHOULD take care of extended characters on both platforms, but
I highly doubt that non-Roman script language will work on this program.
In addition, this iteration of the program will only work on Netscape.  I
plan to support IE as soon as I can resolve some Javascript issues.

Again, please try the program, and inform me of any bugs.

Dennie Hoopingarner

Dennie Hoopingarner
Assistant Director for Technology Implementation
Center for Language Education And Research
Michigan State University
http://clear.msu.edu/dennie