LLTI Archives

August 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:57:11 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Sue Breeyear" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Sue Breeyear" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 13:35:34 -0400EDT
>Subject: Beginning and intermediate German question

Hi everybody! I'm hoping you can help me help one of our German
professors who's lobbying for different textbooks for beginning and
intermediate German.  The problem seems to be that a) the new
German spelling "rules" are confusing to teach and hard to find
texts for; and b) everybody's stuck in a rut, albeit of their own
choosing.  We're currently using "Alles Gute" and have been for
years.  It's not an inspiring text!

Could you give me an idea of what texts are being used at your
individual institutions, and how the spelling changes are being dealt
with? We need to gather the information together to present a case
for changing texts next year.

Please feel free to reply to me at [log in to unmask]
instead of on the list.

Thanks.

Susan Breeyear, Language Resource Center Coordinator
200 Southwick Building
University of Vermont
Burlington, Vermont 05405

VOICE:802-656-7856