LLTI Archives

August 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 16:43:56 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
> > when I play the mpg video on a Pentium
> > (200MHz/48MB) computer, the playback lost a lot of frames

Are you also running any software decompression?  On the Mac, for example, the QuickTime MPEG extension
will disable any MPEG hardware decompressor, so if you have an MPEG card, you have to be sure that you're
not running competing software.  I don't know if this is true for QuickTime for the PC or for the
MediaPlayer.

-John
John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]>
Multimedia Language Lab
Center for English Language and Orientation Programs
Boston University
ph (617) 353-7957 fx (617) 353-6195
Lab:  http://www.bu.edu/celop/MLL
CTG:  http://www.bu.edu/celop/CTG