LLTI Archives

August 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 17:21:22 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Study Abroad Canada" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Study Abroad Canada" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Cc: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Subject:   Further Question      RE: #5099.2 avi-files and a remark
>Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 18:09:20 -0300

What have you found is the best setup for captureing the video -

right now I have a Super VHS video camera, and I would like to capture some
of the video from this format - right now I have an all-in-wonder pro  which
is supposed to capture the video fine, but I was finding that I was losing
frames - this was with an AMD K6-233 and a UDMA-33 hard drivespinning at
5400 RPM's on UDMA-33.  I'll now be using it with either a K6-2 300 or 400
and a UDMA-66  hard drive.  Before I upgrade will this be fast enough to get
my 30 fps. for video.

Do you think this will be enough or will I still have some problems.  What
else can I do to ensure high-quality output.   Do I need something like a
Pinnacle DC-30 to manage the capture better?

Thanks for your advice.

Pat Davis

Patrick Davis, General Manager
Study Abroad Canada, Charlottetown, PEI