LLTI Archives

August 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 16:36:33 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Jon Aske" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Jon Aske" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "LLTI: Language Learning and Technology" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Web-based (HTML) language exercises
>Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 11:54:50 -0400

------------------
Dear colleagues,

Recently I discovered the beauty of Web-based (HTML) language exercises
(especially those that give the student instant feedback), primarily through
examples placed on the Web by colleagues such as Juan Ramón de Arana at
Ursinus College and Barbara Kuczun Nelson at Colby College.

So I set myself to work to create some exercises of my own using their
Javascript scripts.  And then I figured that I could create templates that
would make creating such exercises much easier, using an advanced text editor
that I've been using for years, Notetab.  So I did that.

Then I thought that for me to create all sorts of web-based exercises would
be very time consuming, but if I could create a few and share them with
others then I could get others to share theirs with me.  So I thought of
starting a web-based language exercise repository.

I don't know how this idea will be accepted, but I think it has great
potential to be advantageous to everybody.  If you are interested, please
visit my incipient (read 'under construction') web page on this topic and let
me know what you think:
http://www.salem.mass.edu/~jaske/webexercises.htm

Best regards,

Jon
Jon Aske
Assistant Professor, Department of Foreign Languages
Salem State College, Salem, Massachusetts
SB 209A, Phone: (978) 542-4358, Fax: (978) 542-7215
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.salem.mass.edu/~jaske/
When angry, count ten before you speak; if very angry, a hundred.  --Thomas
Jefferson, Writings