LLTI Archives

August 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 15:37:50 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Jorth, Cindy" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Jorth, Cindy" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"  <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5127.3 digitized audio cassettes (!)
>Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 15:18:14 -0700

------------------
I'm pretty sure the sharing of sound files isn't exactly kosher, as any
permissions I've received from publishers have included a statement
something to the effect of : "permission is granted if materials will only
be used by enrolled students and made accessible only at certain
pre-determined locations."

As to the MP3 players, the WinAmp player is shareware and it will "rip" from
MP3 to .wav if desired.  It also does a nice job with play lists.
Additionally, the RealJukebox is freeware (beta version) and it will "rip"
from CDs to MP3 and .wav.

Cindy