LLTI Archives

July 1999, Week 5

From:
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:40:12 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 12:16:02 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5113 TV5 & foreign-lang TV (TBob)

------------------
Well, I am now able to get the schedule.  This makes me exceedingly glad.
I am pretty sure the message I saw was for systems administrators and not
web clients.

Any of you guys want to know what my job description is.  "Now that there
is no tenure here, you better make that lab run right AND teach your four
courses (14 hours) or well turn your familly out in the streets."

I finally had to jump in and do something, even though there is no
provision for a lab director.  During the period while I had refused to
help, th lab almost went down the tubes...one of the student assistants is
now in jail."  There is a chance the administration will come around for a
half-time position.  That is the only way I will ever work in
technology...no one else will give me a chance.

TBob

Bob Peckham
Director, The Globe-Gate Project
Dept. of Modern Foreign Languages