LLTI Archives

July 1999, Week 5

From:
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:40:10 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Ruth Trometer <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 17:03:21 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Ruth Trometer <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: #5113 TV (TBob) - Spanish

  I've been speaking to Manuel Lameiro at Satellite International in NJ to get a receiver and dish so we can get RTVE from Spain.  Negotiations about fees are unclear right now - there is a published fee for residential use & some other fee for schools, which he said he would have to check on.  He was leaving for Spain for a month, so the yearly fee is up in the air (maybe $100/yr was mentioned).  Dish and receiver seem to be about 1,300.  One of our instructors gave me a list of distributors from the RTVE web site:  http://www.rtve.es/  I had trouble finding this list again, but I can email you the (eastern coast) list I have if you're interested.

You actually get a group of services, 4-5 channels and radio, so our faculty thought this would be a lot more interesting.

I would be interested to know if anyone else receives this, and what the associated fees are.

Thanks,

Ruth Tromter,  MIT