LLTI Archives

July 1999, Week 5

From:
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:40:08 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Christopher J. Higgins" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Christopher J. Higgins" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5106.6 Alms...
>Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:48:31 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

------------------
Bill, you are in an enviable position.

Ed, at Maryland, we start our students in the Language Center out at
$5.50/hour.  After a one semester "probationary" period it goes up to
$6.00/hour.  Started this past year, at the end of each academic year the
students go through a review process which can get them a "merit" increase of
up to 50 cents.

There have also been different classes of student jobs created.  Student techs
who have a better knowledge and skill for troubleshooting and fixing primarily
A/V difficulties can get paid upto $1.00 more than the regular student staff.
Student development assistants who have more programming and development skills
start at $7.00/hour and can be paid up to the limit the campus allows for
undergraduate student workers ($8-$9).

Chris

Christopher J. Higgins