LLTI Archives

July 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:28:30 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Ursula Williams <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:23:33 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Ursula Williams <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: graduate reading exams Q?

Hi all. I am wondering what the state of things is around the country with
regard to graduate reading exams in foreign language. German is my first
concern, bbut please don't stop there. If you are involved in helping
students prepare for these exams, can you help me by answering these
questions? Please respond off-list to me.

1. What is the nature of the preparatory course?

2. What are the expectations on the exam? (e.g. passage of moderate
difficulty; 2 hour exam, 75% accuracy required to pass.)

Thanks for your help. No technology angle here (if there is, please let me
know!) but I figured I could count on you!

Ursula Williams
Univ. of Notre Dame