LLTI Archives

July 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:41:47 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Rachel Saury <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 15:00:25 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Rachel Saury <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5089 salary range question

------------------
Samantha--

We have two people who somewhat fit that description.  One is being paid
approximately $25,000 (she has only basic computer expertise and also works
as an administrative assistant), the other who is also an audio-visual
technician and who does basic computer support and oversees daily
operations in the lab, was hired at approximately $35,000.

Rachel

At 02:46 PM 7/2/99 EDT, you wrote:
>--- Forwarded Message from Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:02:23 -0400
>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>From: Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: salary range question
>
>Hello LLTIers-
>I'd be interested in hearing from those of you who have an "operations
>director" of sorts in your language center, in addition to the Director.
>In other words, a person (regardless of title), who handles a lot of the
>day-to-day operations types of things: customer service, data entry,
>low-level computer tasks, such as installation of software, general
>troubleshooting of computers, helping students & faculty use the facility's
>computers & other equipment.
>
>Specifically, I would like to know what the general salary range is for
>such a person.  This info would be of great use to me in making an argument
>to my Human Resources that the salary they want to offer to the person
>chosen for my new Assistant Director is outrageously low.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>Many thanks,
>Samantha Earp
>
>--------------------------------
>Samantha Earp
>Director, Language Resource Center
>Dept. of Languages and Culture Studies
>University of North Carolina - Charlotte
>Charlotte, NC  28223
>
>phone: (704) 510-6876      fax:      (704) 547-3496
>e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Rachel E. Saury, Ph.D.
Director
Arts & Sciences Center for Instructional Technology
219 Cabell Hall
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA  22903 USA
        OR
3585 Hungrytown Road
Covesville, VA 22931 USA
wk. 804-924-3470        hm. 804-979-1274  fax  804-924-6875
http://minerva.acc.virginia.edu/~asmedia
http://minerva.acc.virginia.edu/~asmedia/flitig.html
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~res4n
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~res4n/rachel/slfk213.html
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
Breath sweeps mind.