LLTI Archives

July 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 14:46:37 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:02:23 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: salary range question

Hello LLTIers-
I'd be interested in hearing from those of you who have an "operations
director" of sorts in your language center, in addition to the Director.
In other words, a person (regardless of title), who handles a lot of the
day-to-day operations types of things: customer service, data entry,
low-level computer tasks, such as installation of software, general
troubleshooting of computers, helping students & faculty use the facility's
computers & other equipment.

Specifically, I would like to know what the general salary range is for
such a person.  This info would be of great use to me in making an argument
to my Human Resources that the salary they want to offer to the person
chosen for my new Assistant Director is outrageously low.

Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Samantha Earp

Samantha Earp
Director, Language Resource Center
Dept. of Languages and Culture Studies
University of North Carolina - Charlotte
Charlotte, NC  28223

phone: (704) 510-6876      fax:      (704) 547-3496
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]