LLTI Archives

July 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 08:48:00 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:03:13 -0400
>From: Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5069.1 (Advtsg.) Student's Guide for FL and Tech.

------------------
Hi to all who have asked about this.  I did take a copy to IALL and put it on the Houghton-
Mifflin rack at the exhibits area.  For those of you who missed it there or could not go to
IALL (and you missed a fantastic conference!) here is the info.  Contact Houghton-Mifflin
company (web site is http://www.hmco.com) and either use the web site or get appropriate
telephone number from site to order the book.  You must use the ISBN number for it which
is 0-395-97183-7.  For those who missed the first message, this book is short (60 pages)
and is aimed at giving language learners a overview of how technology can help their language
learning.  It includes chapters on audio, video, computers, and the internet plus a glossary
of computer terms.  It is written from a (simple!) pedagogical perspective.  Price about 13$ US.
I wrote the book as a language center director to help students see how to use my Language Learning
and Research Center and it is listed as an optional book here for lang. students accompanying
their textbooks.  What I have found, though, is how much faculty like it, too.  Interesting, if not
surprising.

Best to all, Mike

P.S. Houghton-Mifflin does not have this book listed in their regular catalog nor does it take
it to conferences (yet?), so forgive this advertising, please.  I just feel that many of you would
benefit from having it.