LLTI Archives

June 1999, Week 5

From:
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:31:11 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Thierry Leger" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:56:39 -0400
>From: "Thierry Leger" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5069 (Advtsg.) Student's Guide for FL and Tech.

------------------
Mike,

I would be interested in getting the full reference for your book.

Thanks,

Thierry Léger

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Thierry Léger, PhD
Kennesaw State University
Tel: 770-499-3319
Fax: 770-499-3386
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

>>> LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]> 06/21/99 04:48PM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:50:46 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: (Adv.) Student's Guide for FL and Tech.

Hi all.  I did a short book for Houghton Mifflin this year entitled, A
Student's Guide to Using Technology for Effective Language Learning.  The
book is only 60 pages and written for an 18 year old with an intro chapter
on lang. pedagogy, a chapter on audio and video, one on computers and one
on the internet finishing with a long glossary of terms.  However, though
aimed at students, I have found that faculty benefit from it as well (even
more?).  Since I am a Lang. Center Director, Centers play an important role
in the book, too.  Price is about $13 only.  I will have a copy at IALL for
those of you interested
in seeing it (and thinking it may help you influence your faculty to use
your Centers more effectively...)

Best to all, Mike