LLTI Archives

June 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:48:12 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Jeff ALLEN <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 17:07:36 +0200
>To: (various lists) <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Jeff ALLEN <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: minority language questionnaire
>Cc: "Dr Tony McEnery" <[log in to unmask]>

FYI.  Please distribute.

Thanks,

Jeff

>From: "Dr Tony McEnery" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Please post
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 15:00:41 +0100 (BST)
>
>The Department of Linguistics at Lancaster is currently engaged in work
>aimed at establishing the needs of the language engineers and linguists
>with regard to corpus building in non-indigenous minority languages in
>Europe (e.g. Chinese, Vietnamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Panjabi, Urdu,
>Hindi, Sinhala, Sylheti etc). We have developed a short
>web-questionnaire to assess such needs. The answers will be anonymised
>and eventually form part of a report which we are happy to send, free
>of charge, to all who participate in the survey.
>
>Even if you are not working with these languages, we'd like you to fill
>in the questionnaire with an eye to future possible work in this area.
>The questionnaire is at:
>
>http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/monkey/ihe/mille/leq.htm
>
>Sorry if you receive this more than once!
>
>Dr. Tony McEnery,
>Senior Lecturer,
>Dept. Linguistics,
>Lancaster University,
>Lancaster,
>LA1 4YT,
>UK.
>
>email: [log in to unmask]

Jeff ALLEN - Technical Manager/Directeur Technique
European Language Resources Association (ELRA)  &
European Language resources - Distribution Agency (ELDA)
(Agence Europe'enne de Distribution des Ressources Linguistiques)
55, rue Brillat-Savarin
75013   Paris   FRANCE
Tel: (+33) 1.43.13.33.33 - Fax: (+33) 1.43.13.33.30
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.icp.grenet.fr/ELRA/home.html