LLTI Archives

June 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:48:15 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 22:47:50 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>From: Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: software review publishing opportunity

------------------
The LLTI/IALL computer software database at
http://fldb.dartmouth.edu/fldb is open for software review
submissions.  This is an unusual site in some ways and takes
advantage of the web's virtual medium.  There is a template to
be filled out for reviews of software already on the site (or one
can add software listings if not already present). Unlike most
reviews in journals, this site is set up for "instantaneous reviews".
You may submit a review while on-line and see it on the web quite
soon afterwards.  Since the reviews are shorter and more spontaneous
this site is encouraging multiple reviews and (even) contradictory
reviews. All reviews will be accepted unless they contain inaccurate/flammatory
comments.  Grammar/style is subject to the reviewer, not the
software review editor....So please do submit.

As a further incentive, I will be bugging all of you whom I know
to do a review at conferences where I see you (starting with IALL
this month).

As an extra incentive, I will be glad to send you a thank you note
and "proof" of submission of review on letterhead stationary to those
of you doing reviews with prose reviews--if you send me your fax
numbers or other contact information.

As we say in New York, "whatta deal!".

Best to all,
Mike Ledgerwood