LLTI Archives

June 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:32:22 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Rachel M. Rice" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Rachel M. Rice" <[log in to unmask]>
>To:  "'Dr. Ed Dixon, Georgetown University'" <[log in to unmask]>, "'Betty Rose Facer, ODU'" <[log in to unmask]>, "'Kelley Piper, Catholic University'" <[log in to unmask]>, "'Bill Caldwel, American University'" <[log in to unmask]>, "'Maria Elena Canales,  College of William and Mary'"         <[log in to unmask]>, "'Johanna Smethurst, Woodberry Forest School'"         <[log in to unmask]>, "'Roger Sanchez, Wesleyan University'" <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, "'Walter Mircea-Pines, George Mason Univ.'" <[log in to unmask]>, "'Craig Michaels, New York Univ.'" <[log in to unmask]>, "'Carolyn Burger, Rutgers'" <[log in to unmask]>, "'Marion Yudow, Rutgers'" <[log in to unmask]>,        "'Bob Cavenagh, Jr., Dickinson College'" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: IALLD
>Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 13:10:49 -0300

------------------
(Please forward this email to all who are interested (Roger, please forward
to Steve Smolnik. thanks))

CTS will be exhibiting at the IALLD Conference at the University of Maryland
on 6/24/99 and 6/25/99.  We will be demonstrating the Alex Video Server.

We have been offered an IALL Session on Friday 6/25/99 from 11:30am to
12:15pm.  The title of the session is "Simple Creation of Interactive
Multimedia Courseware for Language Instruction".

Denis Gagne representing Neuro Concepts will demonstrate a network software
package consisting of authoring tools to create interactive courses that can
be loaded on a multimedia server and accessed by students over a network.
Eleven exercise protocols allow teachers to create interactive lessons using
text, digital audio and digital video.  Students interaction can be multiple
choice, fill in the gap, selection of hot spots on a video and oral response
to text or video.

CTS is currently delivering the Alex Server with the Speaker Author package.

Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Doug Rice,
Chester Technical Services, Inc.