LLTI Archives

June 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 16:39:49 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Wendy Baker Davis <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 15:55:21 +0100
>From: Wendy Baker Davis <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5032.1 Position Announcement (Re-Posting)
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>

David,
I have gotten past the incredulous jaw-dropping of all the qualifications
that most job postings for lab dtrs, etc contain.  Its not that some of our
members don't possess a large subset of all those skills (each person's
experience being different) but of the salary a school would expect to pay
to such a godlike guru of the Techno-weenie world.  Especially when
business would snatch such a person up in a heartbeat and for many many
many 10s of thousands of dollars more.
Wendy