LLTI Archives

May 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 15:11:20 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Wendy Baker Davis <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:11:31 +0100
>From: Wendy Baker Davis <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: trip-line security
>To: [log in to unmask]

I am struggling with how to secure 16 new IMacs in my Language Resource
Center.  They don't appear to have any built-in slots for "kablit-style"
locks or even a cable-guide to thread a security cable through.  At other
institutions I visited years ago, some directors had a sort of "trip-line"
that was threaded through all the computers and ?sounded an alarm if
someone pulled a cpu out and away from the others, cut it, or tried to
unthread it.  If you have/had such a system, could you please tell me
briefly how it actually functionned and how well it worked and any details
on price or vendor if you know it.  Any other suggestions would be welcomed
as well.
Thanks
Wendy