LLTI Archives

May 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 09:12:05 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Rachel Saury <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 10:33:59 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Rachel Saury <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5003 Seeking workshop host sites

------------------
Hello,

We would be interested in being a host site.  We will have a brand new
Tandberg Divace lab as of August 15, 99.  We also have two full time
technicians to support the facility.

Let me know.

Rachel Saury

At 05:18 PM 5/11/99 EDT, you wrote:
>--- Forwarded Message from Marlene Johnshoy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>>Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:41:24 -0500
>>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>>From: Marlene Johnshoy <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Seeking workshop host sites
>
>------------------
>Hello everyone,
>
>You may or may not know that a group of IALL members has collaborated with
>ACTFL to develop a one-day workshop entitled "Integrating Internet
>Resources into the Language Curriculum" which has been given at FLEAT, and
>a number of schools around the country - both as open enrollment workshops
>and others that have been specifically requested by schools for their
>instructors.  The workshop has been well received!
>
>We are currently looking for 2 sites that would like to host an open
>enrollment workshop (registrants are welcome from anywhere, not restricted
>to the host school).  Since this workshop is Internet-based, there is not
>much preparation needed on the part of the host - just to see that there
>are Internet connections to the computers, a newer browser installed with
>some standard AV plugins, etc.    I can give you more details if you are
>interested.
>
>Steve Levy of ACTFL would like to schedule these workshops sometime after
>Christmas break (Jan-May, 2000).
>
>Please contact me if you are interested - the publicity brochure deadline
>is later this month!
>
>Marlene Johnshoy
>CLA Language Center
>University of Minnesota
>612-626-9407

Rachel E. Saury, Ph.D.
Director
Arts & Sciences Center for Instructional Technology
219 Cabell Hall
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA  22903 USA
        OR
3585 Hungrytown Road
Covesville, VA 22931 USA
wk. 804-924-3470        hm. 804-979-1274  fax  804-924-6875
http://minerva.acc.virginia.edu/~asmedia
http://minerva.acc.virginia.edu/~asmedia/flitig.html
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~res4n
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~res4n/rachel/slfk213.html
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
Breath sweeps mind.