LLTI Archives

May 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 13:13:27 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 17:11:28 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5023  Internationalizing the university through technology

------------------
One of the best examples I can think of is the Language accross the
curriculum programs on some LxSelect campuses of the SUNY system.  I am
particularly familiar with the one at Oswego, where teachers with
significant foreign language skills or ESL speakers (teachers also)
create special segments of courses using course websites, which are
dedicated to exploring course material in a foreign language.

Professor Virginia Fichera (Linguistics) is in charge up there.

email: [log in to unmask]

TBob (I have internationalized lots of cows and bean fields here)

Bob Peckham
Director, The Globe-Gate Project
Dept. of Modern Foreign Languages
Univ. of Tennessee-Martin