LLTI Archives

May 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 16:13:48 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:  Mon, 17 May 1999 09:23:38 -1000
>From: Daniel Tom <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum   <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5009 Audio Equipment servicing

------------------
In answer to Jenny Sheppard's question, at the University of Hawaii we
have two full-time electronics technicians on our staff.  They were sent
to Tandberg's headquarters in New York to receive training in maintaining
and repairing our Tandberg IS-9 and IS-10 equipment shortly after the
equipment was purchased.  They also maintain and repair all our other
audio equipment including tape recorders, high speed duplicators,
reel-to-reel recorders and recording studio equipment.  They even help
with maintaining our satellite dish and frequently have to realign the
dish due to the high winds we have here.  We have a wire mesh dish not a
solid one so it is easily blown out of alignment.

Daniel Tom
Language Telecommunications, Resource & Learning Center
University of Hawaii
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
FAX:     808-956-5134
Voice:   808-956-5118