LLTI Archives

May 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 16:45:04 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Roberta Russell <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 17:15:52 -0400
>From: Roberta Russell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Problem with Chinese Language Kit
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]

------------------
I've checked the archives for an answer to this without any luck.  A faculty
member is having a problem with the following combination: OS 8.5.1/CLK 2.0/
Nisus Writer 5.1.3.  We did install the Language Kit updater for 8.5.1 to no
effect. Is anyone on the list familiar enough with Nisus and Chinese to
suggest a solution?  Nisus tech support cannot reproduce the problem. Here's
his description:

> I just installed my upgrade from 5.0.3 to 5.1.3, thinking it would solve
> my problem, but it does not.  When I type in Chinese using the Language
> Kit 2.0, there is a feature called "lian xiang" that pulls up a menu
> with likely choices for the next character to be entered.  It works fine
> as long as the document is only a page or so in length.  When it is
> longer, though, the menu is no longer in view.  Yet I know it is "there
> somewhere", since if after typing the first character I then type a
> number corresponding to a choice on the "invisible" lian xiang menu, the
> second character comes up.  I just can't SEE the second menu.  That
> means I can't make a proper choice.

Thanks for any insight you can give.

Roberta C. Russell, Client Suppport Analyst                OBERLIN COLLEGE
mailto:[log in to unmask]                Oberlin, Ohio 44074-1532
http://www.oberlin.edu/~rrussell         Center for Information Technology