LLTI Archives

May 1999, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 17:18:53 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Marlene Johnshoy <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:41:24 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Marlene Johnshoy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Seeking workshop host sites

------------------
Hello everyone,

You may or may not know that a group of IALL members has collaborated with
ACTFL to develop a one-day workshop entitled "Integrating Internet
Resources into the Language Curriculum" which has been given at FLEAT, and
a number of schools around the country - both as open enrollment workshops
and others that have been specifically requested by schools for their
instructors.  The workshop has been well received!

We are currently looking for 2 sites that would like to host an open
enrollment workshop (registrants are welcome from anywhere, not restricted
to the host school).  Since this workshop is Internet-based, there is not
much preparation needed on the part of the host - just to see that there
are Internet connections to the computers, a newer browser installed with
some standard AV plugins, etc.    I can give you more details if you are
interested.

Steve Levy of ACTFL would like to schedule these workshops sometime after
Christmas break (Jan-May, 2000).

Please contact me if you are interested - the publicity brochure deadline
is later this month!

Marlene Johnshoy
CLA Language Center
University of Minnesota