LLTI Archives

May 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 17:26:11 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Thomas E Griffin <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 22:01:43 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Thomas E Griffin <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #4988.3 summary of responses #4924 audio cassette distribution

------------------
At the NEIU Foreign Language Lab we make ten copies of each audio lesson,
pre-label, and shelve them.  These tapes are used both for "in house"
listening and home use.  We buy about two grosses of TDK D90s each year.
The students who want a tape to keep must bring a NEW TDK D90 to trade for
each lesson they need.  The students are happy with the immediate service
(or 3 minute wait to dupe three more copies) and there is no record
keeping since the blank tape is an even exchange.

We use ARVEY return address laser print lables and Corel WP8 to make a
simple one-sided label.  It is easier to see which is the B side (no
label) in our Tandberg rack system

See www.neiu.edu/~flanglab/tapes.htm and the rest of the site for more
details.

Tom Griffin