LLTI Archives

April 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 16:36:14 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Thierry Leger <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:23:25 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Thierry Leger <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #4988 summary of responses #4924 audio cassette distribution

------------------
Hello,

The way we do it at Kennesaw State University (Georgia) is by asking
students to bring the number of required tapes for the semester (3 to 6
depending on the textbooks and the languages) at the beginning of the
semester and Lab Assistants do the duplications free of charge.  (Students
fill out a small form that is placed on the top of the tapes and the tapes
are duplicated within 48 hours.  Students show an ID when they come back to
pick up their tapes.  If you have Lab Assistants available, it works quite
well. [To avoid the problem of variable length of tapes while doing a fast
recording (on both sides at the same time), all publishers' tapes are
recorded on standard 90' tapes before the beginning of the semester.]

I hope you find the information useful.

Thierry Léger

        Dr. Thierry Léger
        Dept of Foreign Languages