LLTI Archives

April 1999, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:58:08 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] (Karl Fisher) ---

------------------

> Could you please forward any comments on your experience with
>        >
>        > Tandberg Prisma Base System Level III -
>        > -       Master console cassette recorder is model TSR 1444M
>        > -       Student recorders are TSR 1144 with a remote
>        > -       With or without DIVACE?  Any experience using the DIVACE
>system?
>        >
>        > Thanks!!
>        >
>        Linda Cahill
>        Intensive English Program
>        Intensive Language Institute
>        University of Miami
>        Phone:  (305)284-2752
>      Fax:    (305)284-3633

Dear Linda,

We have been very pleased with our Tandberg TLC-1000 (Prisma) lab.

It consists of a two cassette unit console with a (relatively) easy-to-use
master operating panel and twenty student cassette stations.

The cassette players have been very reliable and very durable.

(We bought it the year before DIVACE was an option.)

Unless they have changed, the less expensive TSR recorders have mechanical
controls and are made in Malaysia (rather than in Finland). I would
recommend the TLC recorders over the TSR models.

Cordially,
Karl

Karl W. Fisher
Director, Language Laboratory