LLTI Archives

April 1999, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 15:33:06 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Lyne Gareau" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Comments: Authenticated sender is <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "Lyne Gareau" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 16:40:04 PST8PDT
>Subject: French word processing

Hello,
I am looking for a word processor which could be used by our most
advanced students of French to type compositions (with
spell and style check).
In these various discussions I have seen comments about the
following:
- Le Correcteur
- Systeme-D
- Sans-Faute Grammaire
I know that some labs use Word Perfect for Windows in French.  I also
considered Microsoft Word in French but was told that in order to use
it we need to have French Window. ( Is that true?)
I was wondering if someone had done similar research and what
conclusions they came to.
I am also wondering who distributes Le Correcteur and Sans-Faute
Grammaire in Canada.
Thanks!

Lyne Gareau

Language Resource Centre