LLTI Archives

March 1999, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:22:06 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Orlando Garcia <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:48:14 -0800
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Orlando Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Reply to Filemaker Pro question

------------------
A calculated field, as you encountered, cannot be modified. You have to
define the field as a number value. Under options in the number field,
select that you want the number to be calculated. The only problem with
this is once you've modified the field, you lose all calculating ability -
it will from then on only recognize the field as a number field. The only
way to get it back to being a calculating field is to delete the whole
record.

Hello,

We just encountered another problem. We have a calculated field, but
sometimes we want to override that and enter the data directly. The program
does not allow this, it says: "Field is not modifiable!" or something to
this effect.

Any insights?

Please respond off list at:

Thanks,